Wednesday, December 2, 2009

iKarin had a really good day today..

For research methods (despite screwing up presentation):
"This is truly a well written - adequately researched paper.
Good lit review
Good methodology
Proper data analysis
Extensive discussion
Good recommendation
Tables and diagrams in the appendices are clear and self-explanatory
Seriously consider submitting to a journal. I will give you pointers to that.
30/30."

I have to say, THANK YOU GUYS!! It has been great working with u all, and we managed to get pass this module and ended it on a happy note (other than the pending exam tml... :S)

For ethics:
"Evidence of a superior, comprehensive and deep knowledge of the module content that is relevant to the topic. The critical discussion does show evidence of a good research and extensive reading beyond the recommended texts, including critical evaluation of sources. The choice of topic is not very challenging but the argument is very clear and concise. The historical overview couples well the different views on privacy, excellent analysis of modern day forms of surveillance and its various forms (commercial, government), more could have been done to explain the summary and its thesis that users will eventually “strike back”. The concept of “information snooper-highway” is a funny metaphor :-) especially in the Singaporean context – good point :-) Congratulations on an excellent essay."

Good thing I didn't waste my time at starbucks! This was the horrendous essay that I decided to change topic about 26 hours before the deadline, and within these 26 hours, I had to go work as well. Thank you lucky god. Although the grades are not out, but at least the comments are quite encouraging. Without class participation and a not that wonderful midterm, I can try pray that hopefully I still do ok. :)

Other than getting reassurances from project feedback, I got to study with my favourite people in my favourite room and ate my favourite fries! Woohoo!

Today will be a day in history that won't repeat man.... When will iKarin be so lucky again?

2 comments:

ger said...

congratssss =D

iKarin said...

thanks dear :) exam wasn't that fantastic considering i dunno how to do more than half.. but who cares!! haha.