Monday, March 22, 2010

Post NUSCO concert blues

The day came, and passed.

Yes, my stage manager role has ended.

From doing nothing, to heaps of work in the past week and settling everything, working from 5am to 12am for CO by thinking and thinking what I have missed out anywhere... all these came to an end last night when we staged what I would consider to be a rather successful concert. No major cock-ups, music was reasonably good considering how we played one week ago. Seriously, I'm missing the times when I open my email and it's flooded with CO things to do (as compared to now which is only flooded only with school projects. :( ). Post-concert nothing-to-do syndrome huh?

This may be the first and last time I'm taking up a considerably major role in CO, the last time I even have a chance to contribute. Thinking back about how much I've changed.. from the quiet one in CO who leaves NYCO exactly at 5.30pm on the dot after practice.. not wanting to talk to people, much less to say to big crowds.. to now standing in front of these 100 odd people and luo-suo-ing in front of them. Yes, I know it's nothing much to most people to keep being so luosuo, but CO has made me grow, made me learn, made me work, made me stressed, made me cry, made me happy.

I'm really thankful for all the people whom I worked with for this concert. Thankful for their patience and tolerance of my stupidness and ignorance and blurness. Prior to this concert, I've got ZERO experience preparing for this concert. God knows why I agreed to take on the SM post initially, but since I've decided to do it, I decided to make it work. Well, I hope it did work and it seems like at least things went on ok.

I'm thankful that with one request or question or with one email, everyone responds to me fast and helps me in every way they can. Be it to buy drinks because they have cars, to help me buy food, to catch the orchestra's attention or to be my loudspeaker and scream to the orchestra, to reply to all my questions, to help me find crew, help me scold crew and to guide me... hmm. actually I'm pretty useless lah, haha just coordinating people's help to make things work. So, special thanks to Yileng, Yongxin, Xinyu, Yue Yiao, Geraldine, Qi Ling, Jeffery, Chan How, Wang Liang, and my very dearest section I/Cs (who were harassed by me all the time). :) For responding to my millions of requests and questions and for receiving so many spam mails from me because I tend to forget things in emails and send multiple times. Of course I'm very thankful for all members too, for their cooperation in making things run smoothly, for their patience in waiting due to my bad time planning for production schedule and their tolerance for the horrible Sunday's dinner.

其實在華樂那麼多年了,進進出出好多華樂,發現最重要的還是接觸的人。很開心NUSCO都是好人,很開心在一切結束前,有個機會和Geraldine再一次同台,有一次的機會一起籌備concert。Love u Geraldine! 哈哈!因為這場concert,在忙碌中也找到了好多新的朋友,再次的認識久朋友。想想回籌備的過程,竟然有點感動的憶念。哈哈,或許是忙到瘋了,但瘋得很開心。

Concert過了,很多也可能在此結束。空蕩蕩的,或許也會很少見很多人了。畢竟自己也要畢業了。還好有個美麗的回憶,一個難忘的回憶。謝謝natalie 亂suggest我做stage manager。哈哈。一個慶功宴,一個AGM,華樂就到一段落了吧。不是undergrad了,感覺一定不一樣。

天阿,太多感觸。謝謝NUSCO。你讓我找回自己,找個新的自己,讓我知道facebook is secondary to a lot of things (have been spending a record low period of time on FB for the past few days!) haha! :)

2 comments:

ger said...

awwww i love you too :)

seriously i nearly cried. but your last line is super funny. yes fb is secondary to a lot of things. haha!

iKarin said...

hahaha! but for now... too many photos n scandals on FB!! must stay tuned!!