Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gas meter check

For once, the person who checks the gas meter managed to get into the house.

Not because I wanted to let him in, but so coincidental that my door was opened and he was standing outside. :S

Guy: Gas meter. Gas meter.

Me: Oh, ok. You want to come in?

Guy: (gives a look - is this person dumb?)

Me: (thinking to myself: how i know right?) (opens gate)

Guy walks into kitchen. I follow.

Guy: (looks left and right)

Me: (looks left and right)

Guy: Where is the gas meter?

Me: (shocked that he doesn't know after checking so many houses) I don't know? (like how the hell I will know lah....)

Me: Under the stove? (opens cupboard under stove)

Maid: (looks at us)

Me: (to maid) Do you know where is the gas meter?

Maid: I don't know. Maybe you can try next cupboard.

Me: (opens next cupboard) uh..i don't think so.

--All this while the guy was quite useless....--

Me: (looks around, feeling a little amused that no one knows) (ah, I think I see it) Ok, I think it's there.

Finally, we found the gas meter...........

I wonder if they can send more competent and useful and efficient staff to check gas meters instead next time.........

No comments: