Ooooo...Ooooo...
That's the sound that I keep hearing now due to the strong winds outside. And while closing my umbrella, the wind bent it! @#$@#!$#@
Signal 1 was in place last night as the typhoon is approaching Hong Kong. Now it is at signal 3 and is expected to be signal 8 at dusk when the typhoon is in full force, striking Hong Kong. When it is at signal 8, it will be time to hide ourselves at home and survive on the instant food that we have. Haha.
I really wonder how it is like during a typhoon. Never in my life have I met one before.
This morning when the signal was at merely no. 1, the sudden gust of wind that greeted us just before we reached the train station was scary enough. You see the locals here covering their ears, holding on to them in case they fly away perhaps. But it was really strong. I cannot imagine how the conditions will be like when it is at signal no. 8 and we happen to be out.
According to the law here, we have to clear the balcony of all loose items which might fly away at typhoon signal 3. At 8, all windows and doors should be closed, and all bars to be put in place. Windows facing the strong wind should be taped to minimise damage should the windows break. And the list of precautions go on...
Well, hopefully signal 8 will be issued tomorrow morning as well so I can have a lazy day at home. :) eating my instant pasta and potato chips.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment